Hayden Attractions Pty Ltd, trading as Her Majesty’s Theatre, Melbourne (HMT) is committed to protecting your privacy. We are bound by the Federal Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act) which is an Australian law that requires us to have and let you know about our policy for the handling of personal information about individuals according to the Australian Privacy Principles. This includes the collection, use, storage and disclosure of personal information, and access to and correction of that information.
This policy will be reviewed and updated by management as required.
Your personal information
The types of personal information we collect about you will depend on your relationship with Her Majesty’s Theatre. This may include collecting your name and address, your phone number, your email address, and, where you have the option to comment on our services or products, whatever other information you choose to supply to us.
We may also store your image and audio if captured by video surveillance cameras at the Theatre (image only), or if you are filmed, recorded or photographed when you visit any areas in or around our venue (eg. The Maj Café, auditorium or public foyers etc), or when you attend events at the Theatre; and
We may also collect and hold information about you that pertains to your attendance at any events.
Where possible, we will allow you to interact with us anonymously or using a pseudonym. For example, if you contact our Enquiries line with a general question, we will not ask you for your name unless we need it to handle your question fairly and efficiently.
Hayden Attractions P/L does not collect sensitive information about anyone except as outlined in “How we deal with your personal information in relation to Employment at Her Majesty’s Theatre”
How We Collect Your Personal Information
We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- when you request information from us
- when you subscribe to our newsletters and mailing lists;
- when you visit/attend events at Her Majesty’s Theatre;
- from third parties selling tickets on our behalf, or on behalf of people staging events at Her Majesty’s Theatre;
- from the organisations identified below under “When we disclose your personal information”;
- from publicly available sources of information;
- if we are required or authorised to collect the information under Australian law or the order of a court or tribunal and we have notified you of the relevant Australian law or order;;
- in the event of a claim or complaint or where one is reasonably anticipated from the circumstances and it is reasonable to collect personal information to fairly and efficiently handle the claim or complaint; and
- when you have otherwise provided information to us
In those cases where we receive personal information about you indirectly from publicly available sources or from third parties we will determine as soon as we reasonably can whether or not we were entitled to collect that information as being reasonably necessary for one or more of the functions or activities set out in ‘How we use your personal information’. If that information was received but is not reasonably necessary for one or more of those purposes, we will destroy or ensure that information is de-identified – but only if it is lawful and reasonable to do so.
Purpose of Collecting Your Personal Information
We may use your personal information to:
- enable you to purchase goods and services from Her Majesty’s Theatre (eg tickets, merchandise, hospitality, etc);
- send you purchased items (eg tickets and vouchers to events at Her Majesty’s Theatre);
- inform you if events change, or regarding refunds, exchanges where those are permitted;
- gain an understanding of your performing arts and arts-related interests and to enable us to research and develop our business to better accommodate those interests;
- as set out below under the headings “Marketing by Her Majesty’s Theatre”;
- resolve any claim or complaint; or
- enabling us to protect your health and safety or the protection of the health and safety of others
If some or all of your personal information is not collected, we may not be able to provide you as quickly or as efficiently with the services you are seeking from us, nor will we be able to cross check to ensure that we are accurate and do not duplicate services we provide to you
How we hold your personal information
We keep any personal information on secure servers, located within the Commonwealth of Australia, which are password protected and encrypted. Where we no longer need the information for any of the purposes for which it was collected, isn’t required to be kept as a Commonwealth record and is not required to be kept under any other Australian law or order of a court or tribunal, we will take reasonable steps to destroy the information or ensure it is de-identified.
When we disclose your personal information
From time to time, we may need to disclose your personal information to other organisations. Those organisations carry out our:
- enabling to protect your health and safety or the protection of the health and safety of others
- customer enquiries;
- ticket sales and distribution;
- newsletters and marketing;
- information technology services;
- first aid and emergency services; or
- other services relating to events at Her Majesty’s Theatre or which we organise.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- as permitted or required by law; and
- to hirers and presenters of events at Her Majesty’s Theatre to which you have purchased tickets
Her Majesty’s Theatre does not share personal information held with entities in other countries.
Marketing by Her Majesty’s Theatre
When you provide us with your contact details directly, we may ask you whether you wish to receive information relating to us and to events that we think may be of interest to you. Where you agree to us doing so, we may use your personal information to provide you with information relating to us and to events that we think may be of interest to you. We will not under any circumstances use sensitive information about you.
If you later decide that you do not wish to receive marketing information from us, please let us know by updating your details by email, or by contacting us at the address set out below under the heading “How to contact us”
Your rights under the Do Not Call Register Act 2006 and the Spam Act 2003 or any other prescribed Commonwealth Act are not affected by this policy.
We will always let you know that direct marketing information comes from us by displaying our business address and telephone number, a direct electronic contact and a notice that you may decline any further direct marketing communications using the website in which you , email or by contacting us.
Sale of tickets through our agents
Ecommerce transactions with Her Majesty’s Theatre
How we deal with your personal information in relation to Employment at Her Majesty’s Theatre
If you apply for a job with us, you may be required to provide us with certain personal information that is reasonable to your job application. This may include your name, employment and educational background, qualifications and registrations as well as other more sensitive information such as personal health history or fitness status which we may require you to provide, or which you choose to provide us, in relation to your job application.
We will hold, use and disclose that information solely for the purpose of considering your application. In particular, in considering your application, it may be necessary for us to disclose some of that information to third parties to verify the accuracy of that information. In such circumstances, we will disclose only such information as is necessary in the circumstances.
In considering your application, we may also collect personal information about you from any third parties that you nominate as your referees in your application.
If your application is successful, your personal information may be updated from time to time during the course of your employment; every provision described above will continue to apply, and you, as an Employee, will be obliged to adhere to this Policy if the personal information of others comes into your hands.
How you can help us to ensure the accuracy of the personal information we hold
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, up-to-date complete and relevant.
However, the accuracy of that personal information depends to a large extent on the information you provide to us. To help ensure the accuracy of the personal information we hold about you, we ask that you:
- let us know if you become aware of any errors in the personal information we hold about you; and
- inform us of changes to your personal information, such as changes to your name or address or other contact details
How you can access your personal information
You have a right to access personal information that we hold about you, to review or for correction purposes. This is subject to some exceptions allowed by law.
How to contact us
If you have any questions in relation to privacy matters, please contact our Privacy Officer via email; firstname.lastname@example.org or (03) 8643 3300. Alternatively, you can write to our Privacy Officer:
Hayden Attractions P/L
c/- Her Majesty’s Theatre
219 Exhibition St
Melbourne, VIC 3000